How To Care For Your Soy Wax Candle | Valley Candles
So you've made the decision to buy an eco friendly, soy wax candle but now you have no idea on how to look after it. Most candles on the market are made from paraffin wax which burns different to soy. Below we will be discussing tips on caring for a soy wax candle.
- Burn the candle for 3-4 hours at a time. Doing this will create a 'memory' for the candle and prevent it from tunneling. When the memory is created, the scent throw from the candle will be stronger and the burn with be cleaner.
- Before every burn, trim the wick to 5 mm before lighting. This encourages a clean burn and reduced smoking of using a blackened wick. When you don't trim, soot can build up on the sides of the jars which isn't very appealing.
- Keep the candle free of debris, dust or any other objects. Many people like to mix their wax with dried flowers etc as it looks pretty, this is a major fire hazard and is not recommended.
- Soy is a living organism, so be sure to keep the candle away from heat or sunlight as it may cause the soy to discolour, melt or sweat.
- When choosing the right spot to burn your candle, make sure that it is in a position away from drafts and on a heat resistant surface. If wax was to be spilt, soy wax is easy to clean with a damp cloth and soap.
To give our soy wax candles a go, follow the link here.